Today’s Technology Roundup
Posted on November 10, 2013
A rundown of today’s top technology stories from around the web:
1) Goodbye Facebook, hello messenger apps – The Guardian
Echoing my sentiments about the exodus of teens from Facebook, the Guardian reveals that almost half of the photos on Instagram feeds among people aged 14 to 21 in the UK are selfies.
2) Leading the charge toward gender parity – Forbes
Meanwhile, Forbes tackles the long-standing gender imbalance and the culture of ‘bro-gramming’ in the professional field of technology.
3) Smog spy block – The Atlantic
Turns out the Chinese government’s surveillance efforts are being thwarted by the country’s very own pollution problem.
4) Weighing in on the internet – Wired
Microsoft founder Bill Gates and former President Bill Clinton (who are both coincidentally named Bill) discuss the power and inherent limitations of the World Wide Web.
5) The ultimate tech guesstimates – Social Media Today
And just for fun, here is a tongue-in-cheek look at the top 5 worst technology predictions of all time.